What is a
It really is very simple. The Wonderbag is a simple, but revolutionary, slow-cooker. It continues to cook food that has been brought to the boil by conventional methods, without the additional use of fuel. No plugs. No fuss.
With a Wonderbag you can cook nearly any slow-cooked recipe from meaty stews and vegetable curries to simple rice and soups. You kick-start the cooking process by heating your pot of food on the stove, then simply place it in the Wonderbag. You can take your slow-cooked favourites anywhere. Perfect for potlucks, camping, barbequing and tailgating.
And because the Wonderbag is unplugged, your free time will also be worry-free!
Heat-retention cooking is an age-old technique and wonderbag’s fun and unique design has brought it back into the 21st century!
The slowed cooking process, combined with sealing the pot in the Wonderbag, ensures the flavours and nutrients are retained inside the pot - not evaporated into thin air.
Less time in the kitchen…
more time for family and yourself!
Wonderbag has many benefits in Africa…
- Saves 30% of annual household income - saving money and easing poverty
- It reduces CO2 emissions
- Less deforestation because families need less firewood to cook
- It reduces toxic fumes which means less respiratory problems and other diseases, particularly in children
- It reduces time spent cooking, giving more time for child-care and other activities
- It saves precious water. When the pot is insulated in a Wonderbag at a fairly constant temperature, less evaporation occurs, so less water is needed
- It saves food. 20% of all staple food in Africa is burned, due to pots being placed on open fires and unregulated stove tops. With Wonderbag, no burning occurs
"We're not just about Wonderbags sold,
we're about Wonderbags used."
Sarah Collins, Wonderbag founder
For sample wonderbag recipes click here